The Academy of General Dentistry recommends checkups twice a year. Oral hygiene needs change with age and the condition of your teeth and gums.
What to Expect
Your dental checkup includes:
- A visual exam of your mouth, face, jaw and neck
- Digital diagnostics, as determined by your dentist
- A gingival pocket exam
- Professional cleaning of your teeth
- Comprehensive data capture in an electronic dental record
During a visual exam, your dentist will not only for cracked and decayed teeth, but also for growths and sores on the roof and floor of your mouth, tongue, lips, gums, and the mucous membranes that line your cheeks and gums. Then your dentist will check the lymph nodes of your head, jaw and neck for pain, tenderness and flexibility.
Your teeth are cleaned using special instruments to remove plaque from above and below the gumline. Afterwards, your teeth are polished. Tooth polishing makes your teeth look and feel great. It also smoothes tooth surfaces so plaque is less likely to accumulate.
Easy Four-Step Routine
To keep your teeth and gums healthy:
- Brush your teeth and use an antiseptic mouthwash twice daily (after breakfast and before bedtime)
- Use dental floss daily
- Clean your tongue regularly by using a toothbrush or a tongue scraper
- See your dentist for routine dental checkups
For more information, kindly visit https://westcobbdentistry.com/
West Cobb Dentistry
Phone number: (770) 794-3332
Address: 5255 Stilesboro Rd NW #150, Kennesaw, GA 30152 Kennesaw GA 30152