Teeth Whitening in Kennesaw, GA
It’s hard to imagine anything more appealing than a sparkling, white smile. Yet our teeth rarely stay as white as we’d like them to without a little help. Fortunately, that help is available at the dental office. Call West Cobb Dentistry in Kennesaw, GA for more information on our Teeth Whitening treatment today!
Teeth whitening done in a professional dental setting is a safe, effective way to brighten your smile. It’s also perhaps the most economical of cosmetic dental procedures. Depending on the teeth whitening method you choose from your dentist, results can be positively dramatic: in-office tooth whitening, for example, can lighten teeth three to eight shades in a single hour.
Having a beautiful smile may be even easier than you think.
Teeth Whitening Treatment
Professionally supervised teeth whitening treatment will work faster, and protect sensitive gums and tooth-root surfaces better, than over-the-counter tooth whitening products. Having an oral exam before you begin any whitening process is an important first step to making sure your tooth discoloration is not the result of a dental condition in need of treatment. Also, please be aware that it can be risky to have whitening solutions applied to your teeth by untrained dental personnel in shopping malls. If you have any questions about which teeth whitening method would be best for you and your smile, please don’t hesitate to contact our dental practice first.
Professional Whitening Methods
Professional teeth whitening makes use of high-concentration bleaching gels that are not available over the counter.
- In-Office Whitening — This technique offers the fastest results with the most powerful whitening solutions available. First, your gums and tooth-root surfaces will be covered with a protective barrier to ensure your safety. A thin plastic device known as a retractor will hold your lips and cheeks away from your teeth as a professional-strength hydrogen peroxide gel is applied. The gel will be left on for about an hour. When it is removed, the results will be obvious immediately.
- Take-Home Whitening — This is another effective way to whiten your teeth, though you will play a greater role in ensuring the best possible results and several weeks may be needed to achieve your desired level of whiteness. First, a mold of your teeth will be taken and then two thin, flexible plastic mouth trays will be custom-made for you — one for the top teeth and one for the bottom. You will fill the trays with whitening gel and then position the trays over your teeth. The trays are left in usually for about an hour at a time.
“Very professional and friendly and they work their schedule to meet your needs.” -Rachel Penney Miller
“Love this place and the people! My kids love it also!!!!” -Jill Oelschlager Mosier
Caring for Your Whitened Smile
There are lots of things you can do to make sure your tooth whitening results last as long as possible, and this will vary from person to person (six months to two years or even longer). First of all, please maintain your usual, conscientious routine of brushing and flossing every day, and keep up with your regular schedule of professional cleanings at your dental office. Avoid foods and beverages that stain, including red wine, tea and coffee. If you smoke, use your newly whitened teeth as an impetus to quit — a good idea in any event! A minor touch-up every so often, either at home or at the dental office, can keep your smile bright and beautiful for years.
Benefits of Cosmetic Teeth Whitening
- Corrects brown, yellow and mottled tooth staining
- Effective for patients of any age
- Long lasting solution for a dull smile, restoring brightness and brings a smile alive